苏州相城区美甲培训

苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Sandra was walking her dog when it found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Sandra was walking her dog when it found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve. Photo: Supplied

When they got to Balcatta Vet Hospital Skooby had begun to urinate uncontrollably – a symptom of THC poisoning in dogs. Photo: Supplied

The vet was able to immediately identify the problem. Photo: Supplied

Sandra was walking her dog when it found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve.

Sandra was walking her dog when it found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve.

A Perth couple has seen the funny side of their dog’s health scare after their pooch found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve on Monday evening.

Sandra Schuler said she was walking her dalmatian-cross-German-pointer when it suddenly bolted off and dived into the bushes to eat something.

She didn’t get time to see what it was, but it smelt rotten and after they got home Mrs Schuler noticed Skooby was acting strangely.

“His limbs were trembling and he seemed to be totally scared, like he was petrified of himself,” Mrs Schuler said.

“If I wanted to give him a pat he tried to get away from me. He was really scared of something.

“It’s really strange, I’ve never seen a dog act like that in my life.”

Skooby’s strange behaviour got worse and worse, and eventually Mrs Schuler’s husband said they needed to see a vet.

By the time they got to Balcatta Vet Hospital Skooby had begun to urinate uncontrollably – a symptom of THC poisoning in dogs – so the vet was able to immediately identify the problem.

“Apparently it’s not that uncommon, the doctors – as soon as we walked in they knew what was going on and started screening for drugs,” Mr Schuler said.

After being fed charcoal to make him vomit up any cannabis left in his stomach, Mrs Schuler was told she could leave Skooby at the hospital, for a cost of $1500, or she could take him home, but would have to closely monitor him to ensure his heart rate didn’t fall too low.

Mrs Schuler opted to take Skooby home and stayed up all night with her hand on his chest to make sure his heart kept beating, and that he ate and drank properly.

“He drank once, at 3 o’clock in the morning, and then all of a sudden he seemed to be very very thirsty,” she said.

“He wasn’t drinking much anymore, but he needed to so he could stay hydrated so I just spooned it to him with little teaspoons.”

Mrs Schuler said Skooby is doing much better now, but long walks might be out of the question for awhile.

“I hope he’s fit and healthy soon because he loves going to the beach … he runs and chases, he’s really good for his age,” she said.

Mrs Schuler said that, with no kids in the house, the dogs were like her kids, but they had gotten into a lot more trouble.

“Our kids never got into drugs but now we’ve got this dog and its into drugs,” she said.

“It’s a good thing he can’t buy them.

“I just hope he hasn’t picked up a taste for cookies or anything.”

Pet poisoning cases common in WA

Murdoch University Veterinary Hospital lecturer Melissa Claus said around two dog marijuana poisoning cases popped up each month.

“Dogs are very curious creatures and they do tend to explore the world with their mouths a bit, so there’s not always a whole lot that can be done about that,” she said.

Dr Claus said THC intoxication was rarely deadly for dogs, but could damage their mental health.

“It does lead to some significant mental derangement. They often confused, and can’t walk properly – they look sort of drunk almost,” she said.

“From the things that I’ve seen, what’s most concerning are significant signs of mental depression which can result in them not breathing well, and not clearing their throat properly when they get pneumonia for example.

“There’s been very few actual reports of fatalities from THC toxicity. In America where it’s legal we’re seeing much more THC poisonings there – where the THC products are often much more pure, and so the dose is much higher.

“Dogs eating those pure products are where we have seen a few more fatalities – but generally a dog won”t be killed by the products available in Perth.

“Typically they need just a little bit of supportive care to get them through.”

Dr Claus said dogs needed to be kept on a lead most of the time, especially around rat baits, and if they eat something they shouldn’t, it was best to take them to a vet as soon as possible.

“Bring them to a vet; we can make them puke, give them some charcoal and monitor them from there,” she said.  Follow WAtoday on Twitter

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

Post Categories : 苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Comment are closed